Excessive debt can be caused by many different things. Sometimes a combination of events or circumstances leads to a situation in which a person simply cannot keep up with his or her debts. With the pressures of a tough economy making life more difficult, many people find themselves in debt because of:
- The loss of a job, the loss of commissions or the loss of overtime hours
- A reduction in income from a business
- A divorce, separation or relationship problem
- An illness or an accident that causes a person to miss work and/or accumulate medical bills
- Mortgage problems such as an adjustable rate mortgage or an underwater house
- Lost investments in real estate or retirement accounts
- Tax problems or overspending
- College tuition or other educational expenses
If you are being harassed by creditors and you are unable to pay all your bills, Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy can be a powerful way to eliminate or reorganize your debt and greatly improve your life. A qualified bankruptcy lawyer can help you leverage federal law and get real relief.
Personal Attention and Real Solutions to Difficult Financial Problems
I am attorney Tom Woodward. As a Tallahassee bankruptcy attorney, I have been helping families, individuals and businesses find solutions to debt problems since 1979. I serve clients throughout Greater Tallahassee and the Florida Panhandle.
As a solo practitioner, I will work directly with you from your initial consultation to the completion of your legal matter. My firm provides excellent service and personal attention to our clients' needs. We listen, we develop tailor-made legal solutions and we return phone calls.
Contact a Leon County Chapter 7, 11 and 13 Bankruptcy Attorney
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.